Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition!

General talk about Dragon Myrth and NWN goes here
Site Admin

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition!

Post by 060782 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:18 pm

So, it would seem that Beamdog has an Enhanced Edition of Neverwinter Nights in the work!
http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/11/neverwi ... ition.html

Graphically I don't see much of a change, though there are some minor quality-of-life updates like UI scaling.
The whole thing appears to be largely backwards compatible, though possibly requiring some changes on the server side.

Absolute main feature, as far as I can see, is that they're bringing back the Multiplayer server list, like the good old Gamespy days!

However, one major drawback seems to be that if I upgrade the server to NWN:EE, people who still use the old 1.69 NWN will be unable to connect.

The EE is not out yet, so there's still time to consider pros/cons.
Anyone got any input? Would you prefer that I upgrade to the EE version in the future, possibly bringing in new blood, due to the Multiplayer Server list being back, or would you rather want the server to remain the old 1.69 server, ensuring that all current players will still be able to log in?

Site Admin

Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition!

Post by 060782 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Links to some Twitch streams from Beamdog, talking about, and showing off NWN:EE
https://www.twitch.tv/beamdog/videos/all

FooLing

Post by FooLing » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 am

Sorry for a lack of reply before now.

For what it's worth, I'm not planning to upgrade to the EE currently.

berylgreen

Post by berylgreen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:35 pm

I am not planning to purchase the EE. I like the idea that the "deluxe" version includes Pirates of the Sword Coast, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, and Infinite Dungeons, but those are single-player. Not to discourage anyone, but I do not see much of a difference in the graphics. I have some scripting installed which gives me a list of current active servers.